Let’s Get Moving
Before starting this workout, you should warm-up complete a few of your favorite dynamic stretches.
The workout we offer you consists of 6 exercises that should be done in the sequence for 20 seconds each, followed by a 10-second rest. Repeat the circuit 2 to 3 times through, adding sprint of 1/4-mile between each round for an extra cardio burst.
- Plank Shoulder Taps and Hold
– Starting position: plank position with pelvis tucked, shoulders over wrists, and your gaze forward.
– Tap your left hand to your right shoulder, then right hand on the left shoulder (without rocking your hips).
– Stay in plank for 20 seconds, tapping shoulders after each set.
– To make it harder, drop to a forearm plank instead of remaining on your hands.
- Seated Triceps Dips and Crab Kick Hold
– Starting position – seated position with your hands behind you, fingers facing your butt, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
– Keeping your body in one straight line, lift your pelvis to the sky. Your knees should be kept over your ankles, shoulders over wrists, and your core, hamstrings ad glutes engaged.
– Bend elbows gently and lower yourself back to a seated position, with elbows rest on the mat.
– Put your weight in your left arm and right leg, lift your pelvis off the ground once more and tap your left foot on your right hand.
– Switch to tap left hand to right toe
– Return to seated position.
- Seated Bicycle to Boat Hold
– Starting position – seated position, with both legs elevated off the ground and abs tight.
– Bring right elbow to left knee, with controlled momentum, then switch opposite elbow to opposite knee.
– Stay boat position 20 seconds, keeping your palms facing up and abs tight.
Tip: To make boat pose harder, fully extend your legs.)
- Walking Push-Up to Side Plank
– Starting position – plank position with back flat, hands mat-width apart and gaze forward.
– Walk your left hand out about 4 to 6 inches. Perform 1 push-up with your hands in this uneven position.
– Switch hands and perform 1 push-up on that side.
– Move into side plank and stay in this pose for 20 seconds, keeping the hips lifted.
– Repeat the same on another side
To make it harder, lift your top leg so you form a star.
– Starting position – lying on your stomach, arms out to your sides forming a T-pose.
– Take a big inhale and when exhaling, lift your upper and lower body simultaneously, squeezing shoulder blades and inner thighs. Stay in this position for 20 seconds.
– Gently lower to the starting position.