When you just need a little something sweet, from your morning snack to the afternoon munchies to dessert time—that’s where these tasty little coconut macaroons come in.
The coconut macaroons are actually good because they allow coconut lovers to enjoy the coconut in the sweets.
When you compare a typical macaroon this size with this one you will see the big difference in the nutrients they provide. A typical is packed with about 120 calories and 4 to 6 grams of fat. Coconut macaroons have only 86 calories and 3 grams of fat—for two of them!
Get the recipe here:
– 2 large egg whites
– Butter-flavored cooking spray
– 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
– 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
– 2/3 cup finely shredded, reduced-fat, unsweetened coconut
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray it with oil spray, while the oven is preheated to 300°F.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, egg whites, and agave until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in the mixture coconut until well combined.
- Spoon the batter in mounds – 1 level tablespoon per macaroon (make 10 macaroons)
- Place them onto the prepared pan, so they don’t touch,
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes (or until lightly golden brown).
- Removing the pan, place it on a wire cooling rack for about 5 minutes,
- Transfer the macaroons to the cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store them in a plastic container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition per 2 cookies:
– 86 calories,
– 13g carbohydrates (10g sugar),
– 2g protein,
– 3g saturated fat,
– 3g fat,
– 1g fiber,
– 33mg sodium
– 0mg cholesterol,