Many people who are suffering from excess fat in their body succeed to find how to get rid of it, however, different parts require specific methods. Most of them have a difficulty to find the appropriate workout for their thighs.
If you belong to that kind of people you shouldn’t be despair. The inner thighs can be toned with the specific exercises and dietary changes that are focused on your full body weight loss. Toning your inner thighs makes them stronger and more attractive and will improve your confidence.
As the inner thigh is not an area use constantly in everyday activities, you should focus on exercises that target the inner thighs, as the workout bellow. It targets larger leg muscles which will benefit other parts of your body. You can do them even in your home 3 to 4 times per week among with the other workouts that treat different parts of your body, such as back, abs, butt and legs.
As in the most exercises, before starting, make a few minutes warm-up.
Exercises to Strengthen and Tone Inner Thighs
- Frog Bend
For this exercise, you don’t need equipment and you only use gravity for resistance.
– Starting position – lying on a floor (mat) with your face up, legs extended straight over hips. Your feet should be flexed, toes turned out and heels together.
– Bending slowly your knees out to the sides, straighten them back, using your inner-thigh muscles.
– Perform 3 sets of 10 reps, resting between each set as needed.
- Scissor kicks
These kicks target your core muscles and by moving your legs in multiple directions, also strengthen your thigh muscles.
– Starting position – lying on your back, your arms are down by your sides.
– The exercise can be done in 2 directions: (A) Lift your feet about 30 cm off the floor and controlling your core muscles, scissor your legs up and down for 10 reps. (B) Continue without resting, scissor your legs side to side for 10 more reps for each leg. This completes one set.
– Trying not to drop your legs in between, repeat for 3 sets,
- Side and cross-over lunges
This is an excellent exercise that helps you to tone your inner thighs hitting them from different directions.
– Starting position – standing straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding the ball in your hands in front of you
– Take your left foot making a wide side-step
– Bending your right knee, push your hips behind you when you are stepping aside. Your back should be straight and your face forward.
– Touch the ground with your fingertips, while your arms should hold the ball in front of you. Return to standing position. Perform 1 set for each leg, 10-15 repetitions.
- Seated Ball (or Pillow) Squeeze
– Starting position – sitting on a chair, rest your feet on the floor and keep your knees bent at 90 degrees.
– Place a ball (or a pillow) between your thighs and inhale.
– Exhaling, squeeze the ball between your thighs.
– Then hold for 1 minute while breathing normally.
– Rest 30 seconds to 1 minute between sets.
- Inner Thigh Lift and Circles
– Starting position – lying on your left side, support your head with your left bent arm
– Bend your right leg and place your foot on the floor in front of your left leg, holding your ankle for support. Your left leg is extended.
– Using your inner thigh muscles, lift your left leg upwards at least 15 cm. Stay in this position for a few seconds and then slowly lower your leg back (or draw imaginary circles on the back wall).
– Repeat 10-20 times for each side.
- Side Squat with Band
For this exercise, you need a resistance band. It works on your outer and inner thighs, bottom and hips. As an alternative you can do this exercise without the resistance band, however, the band will further increase the efficacy of this exercise.
– Starting position – standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and tying a band around your lower legs.
– Raising your left leg and step out to the left while pressing out against the resistance of the band. Touching the floor, bend your knees into a deep squat.
– Stand up again and bring your feet back to the starting position.
– Repeat alternating legs or take 10 steps to the left and then 10 steps to the right.