We all clean our houses but not all of us clean our bodies. Countless cleansing treatments claim to flush toxins out, boost the functioning of internal organs, clear skin complexion, and generally make us young again.
How many of you have considered doing a soup cleanse?
Everybody knows that juices are great in the cleansing process. All fresh fruits and vegetables are loaded with beneficial nutrients, and juicing lets you make the best use of them.
Your body will get the necessary vitamins, minerals, and energy. The antioxidants in fresh products are easily digested by our bodies, help eliminate toxic materials and regenerate skin, making age nothing more than a number.
The only disadvantage to this whole juicing thing is that fruits are full of sugar, and eating too much may lead to hormonal imbalance, hypertension and obesity. This means that is you have a hormonal disbalance and/or anxiety, you should look for other solutions to your problems, or simply keep on reading
These natural cleansing procedures work only if you use all organic products and check your fiber consumption from time to time.
The soup cleanse
The good thing about soups is that they are easy to digest, as well as acting as natural detoxifiers. One of the easiest ways to get all the good things in one bowl is to make a soup. The cleansing properties of soup will optimize the function of your stomach, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymphatic system and skin.
If you try the soup cleanse, your body will receive a healthy boost of spices, amino acids and other nutrients that will improve your digestion and strengthen your immunity.
Because soups are rich in fiber, this means you’ll get an instantaneous energy surge. You can eat cleansing soups to regulate your blood sugar, keep your weight under control, and sharpen your mental capacities.
Vegetable soups are both delicious and beneficial for your health. They are loaded with complex carbs and people like preparing them to boost energy, rejuvenate cells, prevent inflammation and disease, improve skin complexion and lose weight.
How to do it right
A soup cleanse should last 1 to 3 days. It’s best to do one day at the beginning and then, after a month, go for three days. You need to eat about 5 to 6 servings of soup each day, but you can always have one more bowl.
The only way to get the most out of your cleansing procedure is to always eat vegetable soups made with healthy ingredients. Adding healing spices will only enhance the power of the soups.
Another thing to remember is that hydration is really important and you should drink plenty of water. This helps you flush out poisons and restores your flexibility. You should try to drink half your weight in ounces because the right amount depends on how much you weigh.
Prepare a fresh pot of soup and take care to have enough for the whole process.
Get the best soup recipes for detoxification
We must admit that all soups are great in their own way, being tasty and good for you.
- The first step is to make a broth, which can be a miso, veggie, or bone broth.
- Then add cumin, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon and other spices.
- The next step is to put in greens and vegetables such as spinach, kale, leeks, onion, zucchini, carrots, etc.
- Another nice addition are starchy veggies like acorn squash, butternut squash, sweet potato, plantain, beets, parsnips, etc.
- Proteins are also important so remember to put in beans, nuts and lentils.
- The soup is even better if it has olive or coconut oil, ghee, avocado or avocado oil. Our bodies need enough of the healthy fats.
- Blend all the ingredients
Check out some great detox soups:
- Broccoli detox soup recipe
- 2 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 2 cups broth
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp. gelatin (optional)
How to prepare:
- Heat up the oil. Fry the veggies, stirring from time to time.
- Pour in the broth. After you bring it to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- The veggies should be soft and then you blend the soup using an immersion blender.
- Carrot & ginger detox soup
- 2 pounds carrots (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. ginger (grated)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 cups broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
- sea salt, black pepper and onion powder
- 2 tbsp. plain protein or gelatin powder (optional)
How to prepare:
- Put the carrots, ginger, garlic and broth in a pot.
- Bring it to a boil, then turn the heat down to low.
- Sauté the onions, then add in the ghee.
- Cook until the onions are a golden brown color.
- Blend the soup, then add the coconut milk.
- Season to taste.
- Red lentil detox soup
- ½ cup red lentils, rinsed
- 2 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 4 ½ cups broth
- ¼ cup olive oil / coconut oil / ghee
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- sea salt and black pepper
- ginger (1-inch piece minced)
- coconut cream (optional)
How to prepare:
- Warm the oil, then add in the carrots, sweet potatoes, apple, and onion.
- Cook until it crystalizes (should take around ten minutes)
- Add the broth, lentils, ginger, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and broth.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then simmer until soft.
- After half an hour, blend the soup.
- Simmer for a couple more minutes.
- You can add more water if it’s too thick.
- Season to taste and you can top it with coconut cream.