- IN-AND-OUT LUNGE
Benefits: Great for both the inner and outer thighs.
– Starting position – Standing with your feet hip-width apart.
– Lunge diagonally, placing your left foot at a position slightly wider than the left hip.
– Perform 10 reps and then repeat 10 times on the right side.
– You can move forward or backward, as you can see in the demonstration.
- DUCK SQUAT
– Starting position – Standing with feet wider than shoulder-width apart, turn your toes out 45-degrees.
– Bending your knees as far as you can, do not go beyond 90-degrees.
– Hold the squat for 3 seconds, then lift the heels for a count of one. If this is too difficult, practice lifting one heel at a time.
– Your abs should be strong and tailbone tucked and the back stays straight.
Benefits: This exercise will make you feel like a prima ballerina.
– Starting position – Standing with your heels together and your toes turned out to a V-position.
– Slowly bend the knees while you lift the heels off the floor, holding one hand on the back of a chair,
– Lowering the heels pulse up and down 10- 15 times.
– Rest and repeat
Perform 3 more sets of 10- 15 pulsing reps.
- SIDE LEG RAISE
– Starting position – classic Pilates move lying on our right side with your legs straight out, supporting the head with your right arm
– Slowly raise the left leg.
– Pause at the top and return the leg to the starting position, to complete one rep.
Perform this 5 more times and then switch sides.
- LYING LEG LIFT
– Starting position – Laying on your stomach with your forehead resting comfortably on your hands or forearms.
– Squeezing your left glute muscle, lift the right leg off the ground, keeping the knee straight and pausing at your maximum height.
– Lower slowly to the ground, to complete one rep.
Perform 10 reps, then switch to the left leg.