If you are not a fan of restrictive and crash diets and starve yourself, you can do it in a practical way for three to five days with a pineapple diet. Besides the pineapple is one of the most nutritious, dense it is honestly very tasty!
What is the basis of the pineapple diet?
Consume a pineapple along with other nutritious foods for five days. The key to this diet is to replace some of the less nutritious foods with pineapple, but only five days.
Difference between the pineapple diet and other diets
This diet is a kind of mono diet, which means a highly restrictive diet. That is not the case with gradual diets and can be followed for more than one week. Your health will be at risk if you practice it more than five days.
It should be applied only when you need to get rid of a few extra pounds. Some other mono diets have been demonized, as they are quite drastic and last way too long, which is not the case with the pineapple diet, as it doesn’t last long.
The consumption of pineapple is four to five pounds per day. From this amount you’ll get in terms of macro and micronutrients:
– 1,000 calories
– 10g of protein
– 2g of fat
– Small doses of calcium, zinc, iron, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, and potassium
Like any other diet, the pineapple diet has its pros and cons. Having that in mind we should look at the pros and cons of this diet and decide whether or not it’s the right one for you.
– Easy to find ingredients and prepare them.
– Proven for quickly losing few pounds.
– In addition, the diet works as a detox diet.
– Can be monotonous because it includes just a few ingredients.
– As a good diuretic effect of pineapple, you will retain fewer liquids and leave without certain nutrients.
– In a prolonged period of time, it can increase the risk of heart disease and kidney problems.
Why pineapple improves your weight loss program?
Let’s first take a look at some benefits of consuming pineapple.
- Pineapple contains bromelain enzyme, which reduces inflammation.
- Improves digestion, which in turn cleanses the colon and reduces bloating and sheds pounds.
- It has abilities that improve absorption of important nutrients, slowing down bowel movement and suppresses the appetite.
- It is rich in dietary fiber.
- The containment of vitamin B increases your energy production and helps you stay active.
One-day meal plan
– 2-3 slices of pineapple with 1 cup of low-fat yogurt and oatmeal.
– First snack includes 1 glass of pineapple juice and one hard-boiled egg.
– It is usually the versatile meal (such as grilled tuna with 1 cup of pineapple)
– Another option – broth prepared with vegetables of your choice.
– Aside from tuna, one fillet of chicken can be a good option.
– Your afternoon snack is again low-fat yogurt and a glass of pineapple juice.
– Opt for chicken and pineapple salad, which includes tomatoes and asparagus.
Other options for your lunch and dinner can be any fish, turkey fillet and chicken with pineapple. You can also add a glass of apple cider vinegar and honey in the morning before breakfast or a cup of green tea, which helps you clean even more toxins.
Prepare in advance a large batch of vegetable broth (ready to eat whenever you want it).
Perform some light exercise during those five days
Control yourself once the diet is over.
A hydrated body is always a precondition for overall health, so be careful during the five days.
Opt for the oil-packed version of tuna, not the water-packed version.
As there is a possibility of diarrhea, be prepared for that.
For you who get rashes around the corners of your mouth, stop it immediately.
An alternative approach
If the problem occurs of eating only pineapple, tuna, and chicken, you can always try an alternative approach.
The alternative approach
– Involves cutting 500 calories from your usual diet.
– Replace your daily cup of fruit with pineapple (recommend 1 to 2 cups of fruit per day).
– Replace your dessert with a ½ cup of pineapple.
In addition, try to get 5 hours of moderate cardio exercise during the week.