Zucchini is considered to be one of the easiest foods that may be grown at home. That is not the only benefit of this food, the same is have great healing and nutritional benefits too. Primarily, the zucchini is a great source of fibres. Small is the number of people that the skin of the zucchini is the one that is the richest with fibres and that is the reason why the same should not be peeled. Secondary, the zucchini is very beneficial in terms of regulation and lowering the risk of digestion diseases such as haemorrhoids, constipation, and colon cancer. Talking about the cancer, despite the fibres, the zucchini is rich with flavonoid compounds that fight the free radicals in the body and prevent cancer.
One study which was implemented on number of women who were consuming zucchini along with a number of different healthy foods such as cauliflower, cabbage, and avocados showed that those women who increased the consumption of zucchini significantly lower the risk of stomach, throat, and mouth cancer.
Next, the zucchini is really rich with potassium. It is well known that the function of the red blood cell levels depends on potassium. Another important data to know is that if you are consuming a serving of zucchini daily, the same will provide to you with almost a third of your Vitamin C dose on a daily basis. It is well known that this powerful antioxidant is very important for your bones and teeth to remain healthy. Also, the vitamin C absorbs the iron from the food that you are consuming and helps in the process of injuries.
- The Benefits of Zucchini as a Baking Substitute
Greater is the number of people who are including the zucchini in their everyday portions, because the same brings balance in all meals. More and more people are getting addicted to the zucchini, because once they will try they cannot forget that delicious taste. If you are not among those people who are using zucchini in their everyday cooking, then you will need to start including the same into your portions, because of the following benefits:
– the zucchini adds moisture to all possible recipes, so can say goodbye to all those dry baked goods;
– increase the fibres intake needed to your organism;
– makes you to add more vegetables to your daily diet;
– zucchinis are very low in calories, but the same keep you full for a long period of time;
– they are considered to be cheap gluten-free alternative; and
– you may bake them without inflammation.
- A Recipe for a Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This gluten-free chocolate zucchini bread is a great snack for any period of the day. Believe it or not the same does not have a vegetable taste, instead you are feeling only the chocolate. It is a great snack when you are in rush and you do not have so much time to sit down and eat properly. That is why is considered as pick-me-up snack.
Following are the ingredients that are needed for this delicious bread:
– 1 cup of chocolate hazelnut butter blend. Make sure that you will not going to use Nutella, because the Nutella is not a non-diary and low-sugar one. Thus, you will need to look for another alternative;
– 1 cup of shredded and then squeezed zucchini;
– 2 large eggs;
– 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla;
– 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup;
– 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar;
– ½ tablespoons of baking soda; and
– a pinch of sea salt.
How to prepare the bread? First you will need to preheat the oven to 400°F. While the oven is getting heated, you will need to mix the hazelnut butter, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and sea salt until you get a smooth mixture. Then you will need to add the apple cider vinegar and the baking soda to the content and continue with mixing. Afterwards the shredded zucchini should be added. Pour the entire content into a greased loaf pan. If you are using a large loaf pan, then you will need to bake the content for 35-50 minutes. If you are using a small loaf pan, then you will need to cook the content for 24-28 minutes. If you are not sure when to take out the bread of the oven, then take a toothpick and put the same into the middle of the bread. If the same comes out clean than the bread is ready. Leave it to cool for a few minutes, then slice into pieces, and enjoy in the delightful taste.