If you are tired of your everyday workout and the lack of progress that you are having at the gym, maybe it is time to stop including more and more exercises at your everyday workout program and focus on something else, as the proteins. Maybe it is a final time to make up your mind and think how much proteins you are entering into your organism and when you are entering the same.
Recently, the experts from the Skidmore College implemented a research regarding the PRISE method. PRISE stands for protein-pacing, resistance exercise, interval sprints, stretching, and endurance exercises. The research was dealing with the elements of the good fitness routine, essentially focusing on the protein as an element that it may not be consumed regularly on a daily basis.
Despite the less protein that one is consuming daily, the research was dealing with the extra protein that one is consuming daily too. Medicine suggests the Recommended Dietary Allowance according to which women need to include 46 grams of proteins daily. The experts detected women that were entering even 120 grams of proteins daily.
Last year, the scientist Paul Arciero along with his colleagues implemented two researches targeting 50 physically fit women and men between the ages of 30 and 65. They have been monitoring them for 12 weeks how they are performing the same RISE exercise program, and consumed the same amount of calories daily. Half of the examinees were following the protein-pacing and the other half did not.
After the end of the 12th week, the ultimate results showed that all the examinees had improvements in terms of fitness. It is interesting that the protein-pacers had greater achievement than the non-protein-pacers.
The study that was published in Obesity in 2013, gives a description that the people who eat greater amount of protein, more frequently during the day increase the level of lean body mass and decrease the level of body fat, especially the belly fat, considered as the most problematic body zone.
The main question that remains is how does the protein-pacing really work? Arciero, the leader of the implemented research explains that the main goal that each with extra weight needs to set is to eat at least 20 grams of high-quality protein 4-6 times a day. The protein may be consumed through animal products or plants.
If people start to consume the protein following this scheme, then their body will start to stimulate their protein synthesis in the cells and that will lead to a production of a healthy, lean muscle mass. Arciero explains that the more muscles one’s possesses; the more calories the body will be able to burn. This means that the protein is stimulating your metabolism to works on a higher burning level, which sends signals to your brain that your organism is full and there is no need of food. In other words, the protein fills you up and you start to eat fewer calories daily.
The following article introduces several tips to you how to start to follow the protein pace:
- 30 minutes after waking up in the morning you need to have your first serving. The same goes for your last serving too. So have the last serving right before the bedtime. That is the only way how you are going to space out your servings during one day.
- If you decide to consume animal protein today, then prepare chicken, fish, or beef as your meal, but be aware that you need to serve to yourself from this food in a size not bigger than your flat palm i.e. around 3-4.5 ounces. On the other hand, if you want to have plant protein such as quinoa, lentils, or beans then you need to serve the food in a size not bigger than your fist.
A specific characteristic of this diet is that you need to eat protein in quantity that your body may absorb more efficiently.
- If you are aiming to lose your extra weight, then you need to consume more protein than the predicted amount daily. This means that each of your portions during the day needs to contain 40 grams of protein. The same rule needs to be applied by people who are actively exercising, such us sportsman that are preparing for certain race or marathon.
- If you decide to do some exercises then you need to consume the protein right before or after your workout. This is so important for people who are doing interval trainings, because the protein will act as fuel and will help your muscles to get repaired and you will achieve better results from your workout.
- Most of the time you need to have a high-protein snacks with you. When it is said high-protein snacks it means hard-boiled eggs, pea protein bars or powder, Greek yogurt, or almonds. It is advised to keep some canned fish, cooked lentils, chickpeas, or black beans into your refrigerator because you never know when your organism will be in need of a protein.
- If you think that during this regime you still will be hungry, then add some healthy fats, then cars into your organism.
Along with this diet Arciero suggests using the free iOS application named GenioFit which is based on the research done by him and his team, and is gives recommendations to those who decided to follow it. The same is focused on the quality what one’s eating and de-emphasizes the amount of food what that person needs to eat, especially the type of the food.