Prepare oatmeal muffins without any oil or butter, but rich in nutrients.
They are filled with creamy peanut butter, ripe bananas and cashew milk. That is a good option for healthy muffin bites in the morning for breakfast or as a pre-workout snack.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (almond or coconut milk work, too)
- 3 medium-to-large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate plant-based protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
1) Spray muffin tin and preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Stir together water and chia seeds (making so-called “chia eggs”). Instead, you could use 2 large eggs and set them aside.
3) In a large bowl, place bananas and mash them with a fork, add peanut butter, cashew milk, maple syrup or stevia (optional) and vanilla. Stir all ingredients until well mixed and then stir in chia eggs.
4) Add to the mixture protein powder, cocoa powder, oats, salt and baking powder and stirring combine well.
5) Poor mixture evenly into muffin tin (to the top).
6) Bake for 25 minutes.
7) Removing from oven, cool in pan on a wire rack.
8) When cooled, remove from pan and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serves: 12 muffin
Nutrition Information (Per serving):
– Calories: 157;
– Saturated Fat: 1g;
– Total Fat: 5g;
– Monounsaturated Fat: 1g;
– Sodium: 94mg;
– Cholesterol: 0mg;
– Dietary Fiber: 4g;
– Carbohydrate: 21g;
– Protein: 6g
– Sugar: 1g;
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 195mg; Vitamin A: 7%; Iron: 9%; Calcium: 7%Vitamin C: 4%;