This layer of fat that sits around your waist and back, is likely visceral fat. This is a metabolically active form of fat that raises your risk of developing certain diseases.
You can reduce it by following the traditional weight-loss methods of diet and exercises, such those in this article below.
Works: chest back, biceps and triceps
– Starting position – standing and holding three-pound weights in each hand. Your hands should be crossed in front of you at shoulder level.
– Pulling back your arms into a W shape press your arms upward.
– Returning down into a W position, cross your arms, this time with the opposite arm on top.
Perform 30 reps and repeat twice.
- Back Row With Tap
Works: back, shoulders, glutes, and abs
– Starting position – Standing with a weight in each hand,
– Sitting back into a squat, bend your knees with your arms reaching forward, completely extended.
– Row your arms backward, tapping one leg all the way back (stay in the squat position).
Perform 15 to 25 reps on each side.
- Flying Passé
Works: shoulders, back, abs, and legs
– Starting position – side plank position with your inner leg off the ground and your outer hand on your hip.
– When you are balanced, fully extend your inner leg toward your butt, twisting your core to the ground
– Twisting your leg back to return to starting position to complete one rep.
Perform 10 reps on each leg and repeat three times.
Works: shoulders, back, abs, and legs
– Starting position – Place the resistance band under the Bosu ball and step onto the Bosu ball, positioning yourself into a squat, while the resistance band is between your legs.
– Holding the resistance band in both hands, lift your arms up towards the sky as high as they’ll go.
– Returning your arms slowly to the center of your legs, complete one rep.
Perform 10 to 15 reps and repeat three times.
- Cross Jack
Works: arms and
– Starting position – Standing position
– Perform a jumping jack, but when you come down, cross your arms and legs.
Perform as many cross jacks as you can for 30 seconds and after the rest repeat.
- Row Your Boat
Works: shoulders, back, arms, and abs
– Starting position – sit up straight, planting your feet flat on the ground and holding dumbbells in each hand. Your legs should be bent.
– While sitting back at a 45-degree angle, row your elbows to your back, performing rowing a boat.
– Returning to a seated position with your arms extended in front of you complete one rep.
Perform 20 reps and repeat three times.
- Serving Trays
Works: shoulders and upper back
– Starting position – stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a pair of light dumbbells,
– Bending your elbows, hold your weights palms up.
– Rotate your arms toward your sides, to complete one rep.
Perform 10 reps and repeat three times.
- Triceps Side Press
Works: triceps, upper back, and shoulders
– Starting position – standing with a three- to five-pound weight in your right hand,
– Move your left leg about a foot in front of your right leg.
– Placing your left hand on your left thigh, bend your left leg as if you are lunging.
– Incline your body about 45 degrees.
– Raising your arm with the weight to the ceiling, facing palm upward.
– Move your arm out to the right a few inches.
– Bringing your arm back to the center, lift it up.
Perform 30 reps and repeat with the weight in your left hand.
Works: back, abs, butt, and hamstrings
– Starting position – standing position
– Bringing your right knee and your left elbow up try to join them in front your chest in one motion, while your right arm should be extended behind you.
– Swinging your right leg and left an arm behind you, bend your right arm so it is in front of your face to complete one rep.
Perform 10 to 12 reps and repeat on the other leg.