Have you tried all the detoxing green juices and still no visible results have shown in your organism? If this is a case with you too, then you need to hop on your yoga immediately and start with the yoga poses that are designed to detox your body. Believe it or not, the following eight yoga exercises that this article will introduce to you, will help you in the process of stimulation of your lymphatic, digestive, and circulatory system, and in the same time will make you to get rid of all the toxins that are in your organism for so long period of time. So prepare your yoga mat and start practising the following yoga poses if you tend to renew your body entirely.
- Wide-Legged Forward Bend
This yoga pose is extremely beneficial for your blood circulation. The same allows your head to fall below your heart which is quite difficult to be achieved with other poses or exercises. The Wide-Legged Forward Bend is good for you because reverses the pull of gravity and encourages all fluids to get filtered through the lymph nodes. Talking about the digestive system, this pose does amazing things to your belly, because squeezes the same and moves all the things inside your stomach, which leads to improvement of the digestive system. The detailed instructions of how to perform this pose are the following:
– Stand on both your feet so that the same are on a certain distance. Regarding your heels, the same need to be turned to the outside and on a distance wider than your toes. Keep your back straight and place your hands behind you, so that you will be able to press the heels of your hands together forming a double fist;
– as you are inhaling bend slowly forwards at the waist, and try to lower your hands as much as you can. While you are making five deep breaths, make sure that your spine is straight. In order to return to the starting position, engage your legs and carefully rise up.
- Open Side Fierce
If your aim is to straighten your lower legs, then this pose is ideal for you. Bear in mind that the same will make your glutes and quads burning, but it is important not to give up so easily. The Open Side Fierce is also good for your digestive system, because the same gives a gentle pressure on your kidneys, spleen, and liver, which is beneficial for the process of removing the waste and toxins from your body. The detailed instructions of how to perform this pose are the following:
– Start the pose by standing on both your feet, so that the same will be together, one next to each other. Your knees need to be bent so that you may make a squat down, forming a Fierce pose. Your right elbow needs to be crossed over your left thigh, so that you may place your right hand on the ground, beside your left foot. If you are not in a condition to perform the movement correctly, then allow your fingers to hang in the air, as closer to the ground as possible;
– make a straight line with your left arm, positioning the same towards the ceiling. At this position your shoulders need to be stacked so that you may gaze at your lifted hand. Both of your knees should be in a parallel position. Stay into this position for five deep breaths;
– in order to return to the Fierce pose, press into your feet and breathe in. Once you will reach the Fierce pose, breathe out and repeat all the moves on the right side, holding for another five deep breaths. When you are done with this, rise your body up to the Fierce pose and you may straighten your legs.
- Three-Legged Down Dog
This pose will force you to hold your head below your heart, with a lifted leg in the air. The same is so beneficial for your blood circulation and for the movement of the fluid to the lymph nodes too. If the upper part of your body is strong enough, then this pose will come as a relaxation to you. The Three-Legged Down Dog will help your body in the process of detox, and will release your body from sadness, fear, and stress. The detailed instructions of how to perform this pose are the following:
– Start the pose with placing your body on your hands and knees, so that your hands are on a distance same as the shoulder width. Your knees need to be placed directly below each hip. Bend your toes and put your legs in a straight position, so that you will be able to reach the Downward Facing Dog position;
– bring your shoulders in a parallel position with the ground, so that you may place both your feet together. Then lift your right leg into the air. Make five deep breaths and then lower your leg. Once you finish the movement with the right leg, switch sides, and repeat the same movements with the left leg too.
- Seated Heart Opener
This pose is so beneficial for your lungs. The same will get fully expanded and will contract with each breath, thanks to the encouraged lengthening of the spine, done by the Seated Hear Opener pose. Expanded lungs leads to deep breathing, and deep breathing means enlarged elimination of carbon dioxide, lymphatic fluid, and lactic acid. The detailed instructions of how to perform this pose are the following:
– Start the pose by placing your body in a sitting position on your shins;
– place your hands behind you so that the same will form a double fist. At this point you need to press the heels of your hands together. Bring your pressed hands towards the ground, opening the same towards the shoulders and chest;
– after making five deep breaths, you may release your hands.
- Seated Spinal Twist
Each yoga pose that includes twist has a positive impact on your digestive system, because the twisting movements encourages the elimination of wastes. The detailed instructions of how to perform this pose are the following:
– Start the pose by sitting on your mat. First you need to extend your legs in front of you, and then you should bend your knees. Afterwards, place your left heel as close as you can to your right sit bone. Your right foot needs to be crossed over your left knee, and then placed on the ground, so that the outer side of your right ankle be next to your left knee;
– place your right arm behind you, so that the right hand may be placed on the ground. Your left elbow needs to be crossed over the outer side of your right thigh so that the twist gets gently increased;
– as you are gazing behind you and over your right shoulder, make five deep breaths. Then you may release the twist and place your legs in front of you in a straight position. Afterwards repeat the same movements with the left knee.
- Head to Knee C
Although this pose may seem so bizarre to you, the same will give you a gently massage to your body, and stimulate the inner organs in the same time. The detailed instructions of how to perform this pose are the following:
– Start the pose by placing your body in a sitting position, so that you will place your legs in front of you in a straight position;
– make the first movement by bending your right knee, so that you will reach your right foot with your left hand. At this position your right arm needs to go under your right leg, so that you may reach around and grab the arch with your right hand;
– bring your right toes down carefully, so that the sole of your right foot be against your left inner thigh. At this point your right heel needs to be pointed up;
– bend your torso over your left leg. Your hands need to be placed on the ground at one side of your leg or on your shin. If you consider that your hips and hamstrings are flexible enough, then you may reach your foot i.e. your right hand needs to holds the left wrist;
– as you are making five deep breaths, rest your forehead on your leg. While making a pause, you need to keep lengthening your spine away from your ears;
– after finishing, you may release your hands, place your body in a sitting position, and then switch sides.
The pose is great for strength of your body, but help in the process of digestion too. The detailed instructions of how to perform this pose are the following:
– Start the pose by lying down on your stomach, so that your legs will be placed together. Regarding your arms, the same need to be placed by your sides, with the hands towards the ceiling;
– while you are breathing in, lift your upper body, head, and legs off the ground, with exception of your hands, which need to remain on the ground for support;
– while you are breathing, relax the muscles in your bum and the shoulders too. Lengthen your spine through extension of the crown of your head away from your toes;
– you may release your back on the mat, after holding for five breths into the last position.
- Bound Headstand
This pose is another one where your heart is above your head, which means that the same is beneficial for your circulatory and lymphatic systems, in terms of removing the toxins from your organism. The pose is specific because seeks holding certain positions for 10 deep breaths, instead of 5 deep breaths, as it was case with the previous poses. These 10 deep breath are better than 5 deep breaths because clears greater amount of carbon dioxide from the lungs. The detailed instructions of how to perform this pose are the following:
– if you are making this pose for the first time, the sit down and turn your face towards a wall. You need to clasp your fingers and place the same along with the head on the floor, around eight inches away from the wall;
– put your legs in a straight position and bring your feet towards the head. At this position you need to bend one of your knees so that you may tuck the same into your chest. Raise your other leg off the ground by using your hamstring and abs flexibility. At this position your both knees need to be tucked into your chest, forming a pose titled Bound Headstand Prep: Tuck;
– carefully increase and straighten your both legs up, forming a Bound Headstand. If this movement is hard for you, you may bend on of your knees and place the sole of your foot on the wall;
– stay at this position for 10 breaths, or even more if you can, and then slowly form a Child’s Pose by bending your knees into your chest and lowering your feet to the ground.