One of the most important condition that your body needs are to be hydrated enough, which can be especially hard in the hot summer sun. So, besides the liquids you are taking, you can add something that’s as refreshing and delicious instead of the side dishes for your lunch and dinner.
Instead of your boring salads, add blueberries, pineapple or watermelon to your favorite salad greens! You can follow our suggested recipes bellow, or get creative and add your own ideas. The advantage of the salads is that any ingredient goes, as long as it tastes good!
Here are 6 Simple and Hydrating Summer Salads
- Watermelon Feta Salad
– 1/4 cups sliced red onions
– 4 cups cubed watermelon
– 2 teaspoons lime juice
– 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
– 1 cup cubed cucumber
– Cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste
1) Marinate sliced red onions in lime juice
2) Make a mixture of cubed watermelon and cubed cucumber.
3) Toss mixture in the marinated red onions and a crumbled feta cheese.
4) It is topped with fresh chopped cilantro, pepper and salt.
- Orange Slice and Mixed Green Salad
– 4 cups of mixed greens
– Option: Cheese, almonds or walnuts,
– 2 sweet oranges peeled
– 4 tablespoons olive oil
– ½ cup orange juice
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– A Pinch of sugar, Salt and pepper
1) Mix all greens (romaine, bok choy, kale) in a bowl.
2) Add peeled and sectioned sweet oranges and mix in.
3) Prepare the dressing.
4) Add cheese, almonds, walnuts and for some extra substance if you wish.
- Melon and Pineapple Salad
– Arugula salad
– 1 cup chopped pineapple
– 1/2 red/purple grapes
– 1 cup diced melon
– ¼ cup orange juice
– 1 tablespoon vinegar
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
– 2 tablespoons honey
1) Add red or purple grapes, diced melon and chopped pineapple, to a fresh bed of arugula salad.
2) Make the dressing blending all ingredients in a blender,
3) With the toasted sesame seeds top the salad.
- Feta Cheese, Tomato, and Onion Salad
– 2 large onions
– 1 cup sliced baby tomatoes
– 1 cup feta or goat cheese
– Balsamic vinaigrette
– Optional: Salad greens
– Toasted nuts
1) Slice two large onions (thinly).
2) Combine them with sliced baby tomatoes and feta or goat cheese.
3) You can add this combination to a bed of salad greens, or eat it on its own.
4) Dress with toasted nuts and a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Zucchini Pasta Salad
– 2 cups zucchini cut into fine ribbons
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes
– 1 cup shredded/julienned carrots
– Mint leaves
– Cheese (goat cheese or feta)
1) Take the zucchini (cut into fine ribbons).
2) Mix zucchini with the cherry tomatoes and shredded/julienned carrots.
3) Add a vinaigrette of your choice
4) The salad is topped with mint leaves and a cheese of your choice
- Blueberry, Cucumber and Arugula Salad
– 2 cups cucumber
– 1 cup blueberries
– 3 cups arguula
– Sunflower seeds
– Light vinaigrette
1) Peel and slice cucumber.
2) Mix the cucumber in the arugula and add the blueberries.
3) Dress with a light vinaigrette
4) It is topped with sunflower seeds.