How to do:
– All moves are performed with a high rep count
– Use low to medium weight,
– Perform 20-40 reps or until fatigue
- Alternating Bicep Curls (Targets Biceps)
– Starting position – Standing, set your feet in a split stance position, holding a pair of 5-15lb dumbbells.
– Keep your arms straight in front of your body, resting on thighs,
– While one arm curls up to towards the shoulder, another arm recovers straight down back to the starting position.
– Locking your elbows into your rib cage, prevent the upper body from swinging.
- Lateral Curls (Targets Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders)
– Starting position – the same as in the previous move, using a pair of 3-10lb dumbbells.
– Raising your arms laterally to shoulder height, hold with palms facing up.
– Bending at the elbow, curl the dumbbell towards your shoulder, then recover back out to a lateral raise.
– This can be performed by the alternating right to the left arm or with both arms at once.
- Arnold Press (Targets Shoulders)
– Starting position – set your feet in a split stance position or hold a lunge, with a pair of 8-20lb dumbbells
– Curling dumbbell into your collarbone, palms facing in, press your arms straight above your shoulders and rotate palms forward.
– Recover back down to the collar bone rotating back in your palms.
- Tricep Dips)
Works: Triceps, Shoulders
You need 2-3 foot box, a park bench, some stairs, or even a chair
– Starting position – Sitting on the bench, place your hands right outside hip width with your fingers pointed towards your body.
– Removing your hips from the bench, straighten your legs.
– Bending at the elbow, slide back down the bench and press through your palms and lock out elbows.
- Tricep Kickbacks
– Starting position – Set your feet under your hips and slightly bend the knees, holding a pair of 5lb-15lb dumbbells in each hand.
– Bringing the dumbbells up to your ribs, bend the elbows and point straight up to the ceiling.
– Create a straight line from shoulder to hand and recover dumbbells back into your ribs, as you are straightening your arm backward,
– This can be performed alternating right to left or with both arms at once.